• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Poetic Smart Case

wysts43

Nov 24, 2009
Ohio
So I just received my Poetic Smart Case in the mail today. Before I got it I received an email stating that there was an issue with the magnet causing the device to sleep with the cover folded back and that they'd send the redesign while allowing me to also keep the "broken" one. This one is the"broken" case. Other than the magnet issue on this one, it is one of the nicest cases I've seen for a tablet. Made specifically for the Nexus 7. The device fits in the case perfectly without adding much heft at all. Just slightly thicker and wider. The cut outs for the speaker and buttons are great...also no problem for the usb or headphone jack. The cover itself is really thin and stays closed via three magnets on the right side edge. When opened, the device turns on just like an iPad would. The cover can then fold back to create your stand. Very much all around like the iPad smart cover. This really is a top notch product, not to mention amazing customer service since they realized a design flaw and are fixing it for everyone. Do not hesitate to get this case.

Product link:
http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Slimline-Portfolio-Automatically-Manufacturer/dp/B008NMCPTQ

IMG_20120822_200947.jpg

IMG_20120822_200954.jpg

IMG_20120822_201023.jpg

IMG_20120822_201044.jpg

IMG_20120822_201114.jpg

Reactions: breadnatty08
That's an interesting case, I like it. In one of the reviews it said the cover doesn't fold flat against the back of the case. Is that true? For me that might be a deal breaker.

I'm pretty sure it can physically (I'll check at home tonight), but that is where the magnet issue comes into play with this one. Once the replacement comes, I'll update my experience with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones