• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Polaris Office 3.0 User manual on SGS2

DaveSyd

Android Enthusiast
Jul 19, 2011
If you're like me I have tried in vain to find a pdf user manual for Polaris Office 3.0 on SGS2. Many people probably do not know it can create and edit office documents not just view them? There are a couple of documents on http://www.infraware.co.kr but they are brief and in Korean!

Anyway I did a search on YouTube and it appears that if you search for "infrawareinc" they are posting videos which demonstrate how to use it. Although you probably have to stop/start it often to pick up everything, the follow one covers most of it;

Polaris Office_Introduction - YouTube

Let's hope they continue to post details, I think the software is pretty slick.

It is good software. Been able to figure it out on my own, even with me being new to Android. I had a co-worker mention that he wants an Android phone but wants it only if he can work with his Word and Excel files. I told him it is not a problem and showed him Polaris. Went to see the price on the market and was surprised that I could not find it there. I told him to just get the SGS2 and not worry. But he is thinking of getting one from one of the US carriers so there is no telling if Polaris will make it to the phone once they bloat it up with their garbage.

Upvote 0
After my wife started using Polaris Office, I too went looking for a good how-to set of getting started instructions. Unsuccessful in my search, I wrote a couple of tutorials for her and posted them on my blog.

Data entry, entering formulas, replicating cells, merge and centre etc. Luckily the EEE Transformer by Asus has a screenshot key on its keyboard so adding images helped with the explanations.

If anyone is interested, I'll post a link.

Reactions: packtack1
Upvote 0
can anyone help? I have an asus Eeepad transfromer . Problem on Polaris office... i cannot find a way to highlight text. I touch the screen and nothing. just once it appeared to highlight it and I could not replicate this. I have watched the video but cannot see anything I should do apart from touching the word I wish to highlight and that doesn't work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones