• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

POLL: which keyboard do you use the most?

About the same as woodstock. I use my PK for anything more than one sentence fragment, like: "Are you coming?" Or, "Funny, LOL!" But since Swype as the ability to record keystrokes (even if it doesn't have the ability to report it), I use my PK for usernames and passwords. I also obviously use my PK for anything I'd type in landscape mode (Swype for portrait mode). Lastly, I use my PK to fill in form data (names, addresses, etc.) because I like being able to see the form and quickly going to the next text box with the d-pad instead of tapping.

Upvote 0
WOW. Just downloaded Swype and it blew me away. I figured it would take a long time to get used to it but I was entering text faster then ever before. Lots of options that I haven't even tried to check out yet. Wonder how this will compare to SlideIT? From the demo SlideIT seems to present word completions earlier in the character sequence than Swype.

I still prefer the physical for crossword puzzles and navigating links on some web sites.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones