• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Poor Battery Life (comparatively !) ????

Not impressed with my HD's battery life i'm afraid :(

Had it about 4 weeks now and it's lasting from 6am to about 7pm
and i'm only sending a few texts and maybe a couple of VERY short
calls (3-4 mins max !)

My N95 used to last 2-3 days with same use PLUS some camera use !

I know the HTC's seem to be poor on battery but . . . . . !!!

UNLIKE the Desire, it seems we can't buy the "Big Back Cover and Big
Battery" thing ??? - :(:(

The other threads (for the Desire) seem to agree that the 1500/1600
pattern batteries are no better than standard ??

Is the only way to go one of the external "packs" ??
The "Pebble" one seems fairly well praised, but, even that has
some connecting/consistency doubts ???

ANY IDEAS ???

FatS.

Put one of the Dashboard widgets on your homescreen so you can disable/enable features easily.

I use:
WiFi (on at home, off everywhere else)
GPS (off whenever I don't need it, because things like Weather will spend 10 minutes trying to get your exact location every few hours)
Bluetooth (always used to drain the battery on all phones I've ever owned)
Screen Brightness (dim always, except when I'm watching a video/in the sun)

Upvote 0
go, menu, settings, about phone, battery, battery use

The tips below aren't just for battery life, just my suggested settings to hopefully give you a bit more from your DHD:

1. Do a software update - menu, settings, about phone, system software updates.
2. Turn display brightness down as low as you can (I set mine at about 15%).
3. Install something like quick settings and place link on your main home screen, so that you can access quickly to turn say wi-fi and gps on/off.
4. Ensure any sync'ing the phone does, say email / facebook / maps, etc. is as required and not as often as the phone can. Mine checks my email every 30 mins and I don't use GPS unless I need maps.
5. Ensure USB debugging is turned on - this is mainly to reduce lag, but may well help with battery life. menu, settings, applications, development, set usb debugging on.
6. Ensure your phone has a short screen timeout - menu, settings, power saver, screen timeout + settings.

Check out this link regarding a response from htc on battery charging:
Official response from HTC RE: How to double battery Life (WORKS!) + 2nd Reply - xda-developers

Otherwise, it may just be an app that's draining your phone or you might have a bad device.

Try the tips above and see how you get on. Good luck :)

Reactions: Yukimori and Chris7
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones