• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pop/imap password settings

mistertee

Lurker
Sep 5, 2010
Hello,

I've just got my Galaxy S, and I like it very much, but I think I'm getting too old to learn the complexities of such things :)

I've got the pop/imap application to link straight into my hotmail account, however, being paranoid, I'd like it to ask for my password everytime. I can't see a setting for this, it appears go straight in everytime without asking for a password which is a security risk.

Anyone know the setting? It's not obvious.

TIA.

Hello,

I've just got my Galaxy S, and I like it very much, but I think I'm getting too old to learn the complexities of such things :)

I've got the pop/imap application to link straight into my hotmail account, however, being paranoid, I'd like it to ask for my password everytime. I can't see a setting for this, it appears go straight in everytime without asking for a password which is a security risk.

Anyone know the setting? It's not obvious.

TIA.

No setting for that.

Alternatives:

Apps like app locker that allow you to password protect specific applications.
Pattern unlock on the phone.

Seems that app lockers will be best for your use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones