• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help pop up: battery supercharger

Yesterday I had a small red star on the notification bar and it turned out to be battery supercharger which wanted to be installed and access SMS, phone numbers etc. I switched off phone quickly. From info on the forum I installed "Addons Detector" by Demper. It found that it was "UK Trains Timetable" by Skandisoftware that was Airpushing. I installed it yesterday morning on a train and in a hurry, but should have read the negative comments before installing !!

Upvote 0
I got this as well but the problem is that I stupidly pressed on the pop up (once it loads the app page) thinking that it will remove the pop up and see what the app is. From that simple click it automatically downloaded it without even letting me check permissions or even have a choice to not download it.

Since I'm using the setting to not install apps from outside the android market it wasn't installed and I found the location of the apk file and deleted it.

Am I safe from this app (didn't install it, automatically downloaded)? I heard that it has permission to send/receive text and it costs money!

Upvote 0
I have just had this happen, i noticed it after i added the market update helper via titanium backup. i have ran the airpush, airblocker and addon detector, removed and uninstalled what it found, i also removed market update helper. If it still happens i will have to resort to a nand restore from a week ago.

Upvote 0
My husband has inadvertently installed this app, it came as a pop up and he didn't realised and it is now installed. I am an iPhone user so not totally aware of how to now get rid of this for his phone, please can someone help me in very simple, easy to understand language. Also, we have purchased a Sony Xperia x8 for my son so is ther apps that I should put on his phone to stop anything like this happening to him.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones