1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Popup on apps disappear randomly, cant figure out why!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eugchen, Jul 21, 2020.

1. eugchen

eugchen Newbie

Popups on certain apps suddenly disappear. i use youtubetv alot in a popup window format (meaning its a small window that popups so i can use other apps in the background). normally this seems to work fine, but then at times what happens is that my popup will disappear. when i try and reactivate the popup it wont show up. other common popup apps that work like Maps also dont work at that time. when i try again later, it often works again. any idea why this is happening?

2. marctronixx

maybe your device has low systems resources so it closes it out. do you still hear the audio even though the video has gone?

George de la rosa and puppykickr like this.
  3. eugchen

eugchen Newbie

no video and audio both disappear at the same time

4. marctronixx

sounds like android is shutting down background apps. if you have aggressive battery saving settings, this will for sure cause background apps to shut down. if so, change to performance mode and then retest. and/or close out unused apps in the background.

puppykickr likes this.
  5. eugchen

eugchen Newbie

yea, i think you might be right. i usually keep the phone on POWER MODE. do you think this is the cause?

marctronixx likes this.
  6. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

If you mean Power Saving Mode, then yes.

marctronixx likes this.
  7. marctronixx

there are some aggressive power saving modes on the phone. if you have video running that consumes a LOT of energy plus if you are multitasking, even more so.

you can test on , say , performance mode (thats what I use 24/7) and see if that changes the behavior. my guess is it will.

puppykickr likes this.
  8. eugchen

eugchen Newbie

marc--makes sense. will try that, thanks

marctronixx likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9825 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews