• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Porting

tube517

Android Expert
Jun 7, 2010
USA
Really not sure where to post this question.

I just ported from T-Mobile to MetroPCS 2 Fridays ago. I don't plan to stay long and would like to move to Cricket ASAP. Question is can I port this quickly? Also, would Metro charge me for next month if I ported so soon?

Really not sure where to post this question.

I just ported from T-Mobile to MetroPCS 2 Fridays ago. I don't plan to stay long and would like to move to Cricket ASAP. Question is can I port this quickly? Also, would Metro charge me for next month if I ported so soon?

Can I ask a reason you're porting out of Metro so quickly? Did you leave T-Mo because of bad reception in your area? If so you're going to get the same with Metro since Metro is on T-Mo's towers. As I'm sure you know, Cricket is on A T & T's towers.

Upvote 0
Can I ask a reason you're porting out of Metro so quickly? Did you leave T-Mo because of bad reception in your area? If so you're going to get the same with Metro since Metro is on T-Mo's towers. As I'm sure you know, Cricket is on A T & T's towers.

I didn't do my research. Bottom line. I screwed up. No, it was not for bad reception.

I wanted a cheaper prepaid plan so I was definitely leaving T-Mobile (T-Mobile was great, BTW). I was intending to buy the LG Leon AND use my unlocked Note 2 both on the MetroPCS line. Well, they don't allow that (this is one of the things I didn't research enough). Only one phone per line. I was able to do that on T-Mobile. Also, since I ported my number, Metro wouldn't allow me to switch my service to my Note 2 WITHOUT losing my number (within the 7 day return period) so I couldn't do that. I offered to buy an LG G Stylo and put it on the line instead of the Leon (again, within the 7 day period) and they said I would lose my number.

I saw the Stylo on Cricket's website and since they are on AT&T and have a similar (not exactly the same but close enough) plan, I figured I would consider switching to them.

Reactions: confed and alfick3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones