• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Portrait orientation photos and videos not rotated automatically

droidros

Android Enthusiast
Oct 10, 2010
DC Metro Area
All the pictures I've taken in portrait mode are being displayed in landscape mode and I have to rotate them clockwise manually. Even the video came out oriented incorrectly but I don't know how to rotate it. This did not happen with the Droid Razr Maxx HD.

Is there some setting I've missed?

You can't rotate videos. If you record a tall/skinny video like most phone users unfortunately do, you're stuck with it that way. Always get in the habit of holding the phone horizontally before you start recording videos because that's how the output device (monitor or TV) is oriented (short & wide).

In fact I've always wondered why phone software doesn't enforce landscape for video recordings or at least warn you to turn your phone to the side if you hold it the 'wrong' way and try to record a video.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones