• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible camera update coming

Hmm then why is Gran Turismo running 1080p at 60fps or God of War 3. Its all about the code and how well the developers can program. The Droid's hardware is there but I don't think Motorola put much effort into the software. The Instinct HD has a crappier processor and and gpu but also has a 5m camera. Sure the optics are different but does better optics mean higher frame rate? Idk I just assume Samsung wanted to make a good camera phone so they put allot of effort in the software. The instinct HD records HD at 30fps and DVD quality at
80fps. Ur telling me the Droid cant do an extra 6fps. It doesn't sound like much but it makes a hell of a difference in motion.

Upvote 0
I think his reasoning is that the main cpu/gpu on our phones, is the same as what's in the iphone 3gs/palm pre (granted right now the pre is having graphics slow downs due to their webOS and not hardware related issues). So technically going from that, it does have the cpu power behind it to do that, but it might be a limitation of the camera on the droid. Hell it could be a limitation of the android OS itself and we'll be at the mercy of google tell they up said "possible limitation" in regards to the camera.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones