• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible?: let game think I am currently 'in the game'

NathanaelEy

Lurker
Nov 26, 2018
Hi,

I want to make a weapon damage analysis, but for that I need two players, so two phones running. Since it is time intensive, my friends won't do it. I tried using these 'cloning apps' to clone the game and have both running at the same time. But the game kicks me from the server after a random amount of seconds after exiting the game.

I googled and tried disabling the clone app which 'host's' the cloned game and the original game in the app optimisation service, but that doesn't work. I read a bit about, on android developers and such, about android.permission.WAKE_LOCK, which, If I understood it correctly, can tell the game if I left the app and other things. It seems to can do many things. I used APK Permission Remover to take that permission away from it - then it crashed on start up.

I'm really no expert and there seems to be many many possibilities. Do you know a way to trick the game into thinking that I'm still 'in it' or achieve that it acts like that?

Kind greetings :wtfdroid:

Edit: I don't have any PC or anything or a secondary smartphone (the game allows PC emulators to connect to mobile lobby's)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones