• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Possible Recovery issue w/ Note 4 & freezing/lagging

The_Ty

Sep 7, 2013
A few days ago I had an issue where my Note 4 (N910F) started slowing down horrendously at random after updating a bunch of apps. At times I'd lock the screen and it'd take a full minute to open, pulling the notification bar down made it freeze for a minute and you could forget any sort of typing

Tried a bunch of usual stuff (wiping cache etc) but no joy. No big deal, I backed up my necessary app data with Titanium and did a factory reset, except this didn't fix it either.

My next step was using Odin to flash a fresh Stock ROM, however after 20 mins I had the same problem with freezing and lagging.

I then booted it up in safe mode to see how it behaved, and if me starting up any apps caused the freezing to kick in. This behaved better overall, however there were still some freezing issues present (even without me starting up any apps).

In the middle of all this I've had to flash TWRP and CWM recoveries a bunch of times. More recently I've flashed CWM Recovery and tried to restore a Nandroid backup I have saved from months ago but it won't read the SD card.

Anyway. I think the issue stems from the recovery side of things. When I restart the phone I think it hangs before it can restart properly. It goes through the process of shutting down but doesn't boot back up. And I don't think it's just shutting down because pressing the power button does nothing, and my computer acknowledges the phone when I plug it in via USB (whilst it's hanging in the middle of restarting). I've also had several other issues today related specifically to the phone powering up/shutting down, especially after using Odin.

I'm kind of at a loss for how to fix this ATM, so any help would be much appreciated

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones