• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible to have Google Voice app use phone contacts?

boopie

Lurker
Feb 18, 2011
I'm new to android...just switched from an iPhone to an HTC inspire 4G. I'm also a yahoo mail user and don't want to switch to gmail...just not as comfortable with the layout. So, here's my question...

Coming from an iPhone, I need some kind of visual voicemail to replace what I had. I very much like Google Voice except I don't have my contacts in Google...I have them in Yahoo. So, when someone leaves a voicemail, all it tells me is the number, not the person's name. Is it possible to tell the Google Voice app to check my phone's contacts (which are synced with yahoo) so that it can report to me exactly who called? OR...is it possible to have Google Contacts automatically PULL from my phone contacts (i.e. "People") or pull from my yahoo contacts (doubtful)? Any of those would solve my problem. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones