• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possibly don't share our e-mail address to spammers

Did you start getting SPAM e-mails after registering here?

• Yes I started getting SPAM or noticed the amount of SPAM increase since registering

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I have not received any SPAM e-mails since registering here

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • I have no idea since I get so many SPAM E-mails from everywhere!! :P

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Android Forums,

I'm sorry to start my first thread as a complaint.

I have been watching the Incredible thread for a while and registered for an account here a week or so ago. The e-mail I used has only been used for one other forum many months ago with zero spam since the day I opened it. Then I decided to use this specific e-mail address for Androidforums.com and I'm now getting SPAM.

What gives, do you pass our e-mail addresses out for profit? I try not to point blame but this e-mail has only been used one other place back in May of last year and I never received spam till I registered here.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. Yes, as Shivers said - we absolutely do not share/sell email address here - or any other information on user accounts.
For the record, I wouldn't associate myself with a community that betrayed the trust of it's members like that. So for as long as you see me around here, rest assured we're not sharing any of your personal info.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry you're having trouble. Yes, as Shivers said - we absolutely do not share/sell email address here - or any other information on user accounts.
For the record, I wouldn't associate myself with a community that betrayed the trust of it's members like that. So for as long as you see me around here, rest assured we're not sharing any of your personal info.

Yeah but what I am thinking that may be a possibility, which is in no way the fault of anyone here, is unless the robot.txt is configured properly, evil bots may have scooped up any out in the open email addys.

Upvote 0
Ok I'm embarassed now.

I just received the same exact spam in my other live account that has nothing to do with AF. I'm guessing this Spammer is attacking Microsoft Live accounts and bet my wife will get one in the next day or so.

Again I'm sorry I accused AF of passing on my e-mail, I feel like a jerk now. :( It was just a coincidence that they spammed me right after signing up here.

Please delete this thread since it is useless.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones