• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possibly the only Australian living in Paris with an Android phone? But for how long?

Hi all,

Just joined the forum cos I love my HTC Magic phone and Android and have recently come up against my first big problems with the handset/OS, so I'm hitting the forums and am also curious to read more about other people's experiences with their phones and how they are getting the most out of them to enhance their lives.

I work in Corporate Communications for a travel insurance company in Paris and am responsible for our digital communications strategy. Put simply, that is overseeing our websites around the world and monitoring the evolution of the web for new opportunities for our brand. I'm involved in defining our mobile strategy too and was excited to get an Android phone to combat all the iPhone carrying colleagues on the commitee :) And I'm certainly happy that I took the plunge! I don't know how I survived so long with a basic old phone sans internet, GPS & apps.

So on a personal and professional level, I'm following smartphones closely as I think the coming years with location-based services and the social-gaming web are going to be intriguing ones.

Paul

Hi all,

Just joined the forum cos I love my HTC Magic phone and Android and have recently come up against my first big problems with the handset/OS, so I'm hitting the forums and am also curious to read more about other people's experiences with their phones and how they are getting the most out of them to enhance their lives.

I work in Corporate Communications for a travel insurance company in Paris and am responsible for our digital communications strategy. Put simply, that is overseeing our websites around the world and monitoring the evolution of the web for new opportunities for our brand. I'm involved in defining our mobile strategy too and was excited to get an Android phone to combat all the iPhone carrying colleagues on the commitee :) And I'm certainly happy that I took the plunge! I don't know how I survived so long with a basic old phone sans internet, GPS & apps.

So on a personal and professional level, I'm following smartphones closely as I think the coming years with location-based services and the social-gaming web are going to be intriguing ones.

Paul

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones