• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Post-Radio Update: Issue with 4G

While I have been rooted for a while, I never really updated my radios or PRI since 1.40 (I was using Fresh 3.401 for a good while). A few weeks ago, I decided to upgrade to Fresh 3.501 and also upgraded the radio to 1.9 (along with PRI and all the other goodness).

I started noticing that when my 4G signal would drop out for a minute (normal drop out due to spotty coverage) I would get the notification that the 4G antenna was on and that I should tap to scan.

In other words, if there was a temporary drop of the 4G signal, my phone would not automatically log back into the 4G network.

I upgraded to Myn's and reflashed the radios (complete wipe of the phone) and am still having this issue. Anyone know any workarounds? It's really irritating to have to manually rescan every few minutes when I am riding the train.

As always, thanks in advance.

this new "feature" was an attempt by htc to prevent the radio from scanning continuously when there is no signal.

from what I can tell, it isn't going to automatically reconnect for you anymore, but i honestly haven't looked into it much.

there are some settings in the ##3282# menu for wimax. You will need your msl code to access this menu. Record current values in case you need to go back and change something back to it's original settings. If I were in a 4g area I would try some settings but the coverage in Dallas is awful

Upvote 0
^ that doesn't fix the new reconnect issue though (not on my end anyway)

once the radio goes into this supposed hibernation mode, the only way to wake it to connect is to tap on that notification, or turn 4g off and then back on. The crazy part..logcat shows the radio is still trying to connect even though it shouldn't be.

Wile-e what version of Myn's are you using? rsl5?? consider going back to the previous version before this was implemented.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones