• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Battery Life!

My serioius test has concluded after doing what Max suggested. Letting the batt drain all the way down to zero
Results drum roll.................................
I unplugged my phone yesterday at 5:30 am.
Data on no background data, wi-fi on at home......
A few calls a lot of texting I say at least twenty; about 30 min games.
When I get home I switch to wi-fi, did that before I went to sleep
did some web surfing read an article so lets say 15 min. Nothing worth reading.
Quick browse on my nook app.
This morning network back on when I woke up at 4:ish its 5:47am and I am at 40%.
Me thinks this is a keeper
Friggin wow

Upvote 0
I wasnt getting good battery life. I then ran my maxx down until it shut off. Charged it back to 100, which took hours. Now im seeing impressive results. These lithium batteries have an internal protection circuit that shuts the device off before its totally drained, which would damage the battery. Now, if it sat on a shelf without charging for a week after it shut off, it could allow the battery to drain completely, causing damage. I do a complete discharge cycle once a month on my ipad to recalibrate the battery. Apple recommends this right on it's website.

I had to bump this
Thanks.......

Upvote 0
Wow....
Ok I have to ask.
Is everything on data etc.
Amount of usage please medium light heavy etc....
Thanks

I'm now at 30 1/2 hours at 70%. I would say this is with light use. Some texting, playing a game for a few minutes, a few short phone calls, some light browsing on the internet, random words with friends throughout the day, wifi on, screen brightness turned down very low (though I keep auto dim off) and 4G off (don't have it in my area). I'm not doing this just to get good battery life I'm using the phone just as I used my last phone. This may take me to 3 days on one charge with how I use my phone.

Upvote 0
Can all of you click on display and show much on screen time you guys are using? I'm getting pretty good battery life but not blown away. I already tried draining the battery all the way down and now I'm getting about 20 hours of use with 10 - 20% left. My display on screen time is about 4 hours. This is mostly with LTE on with Wifi on at night.

Upvote 0
Can all of you click on display and show much on screen time you guys are using? I'm getting pretty good battery life but not blown away. I already tried draining the battery all the way down and now I'm getting about 20 hours of use with 10 - 20% left. My display on screen time is about 4 hours. This is mostly with LTE on with Wifi on at night.

mine says 1h 15m for display time.

Upvote 0
I'm now at 30 1/2 hours at 70%. I would say this is with light use. Some texting, playing a game for a few minutes, a few short phone calls, some light browsing on the internet, random words with friends throughout the day, wifi on, screen brightness turned down very low (though I keep auto dim off) and 4G off (don't have it in my area). I'm not doing this just to get good battery life I'm using the phone just as I used my last phone. This may take me to 3 days on one charge with how I use my phone.

Ok thanks for the info. I would classify myself as a medium to heavy user.
So Im doing ok. I have basically been pushing my phone to the Maxx.
Full brightness network always on (no background data) games yesterday for about
30 min light browsing and I would say I am a medium to heavy texter.
So this phone is for real.

Upvote 0
2hrs 21 min display time
Whenever I do something I automically turn my screen off as soon as Im done

Upvote 0
I see everyone here getting a lot more battery life than I am getting and debating if i should exchange mine. I can hit about 25 hours before the phone dies, maybe less. Yesterday at my desk, I played music and have my player to never turn off the screen when the player is on. Did that for about an hour. I unplugged around 6:30am and by 5pm I was down to 40%.

Keep in mind, I hardly switch to Wifi, even when I'm at home, always on 4G. I am on the phone at least 40 mins during my commute to and from work. All of my emails are set to push and I am running A LOT of widgets.

Don't get me wrong, no other 4G phone I have had could go this long.

Thoughts?

Upvote 0
I see everyone here getting a lot more battery life than I am getting and debating if i should exchange mine. I can hit about 25 hours before the phone dies, maybe less. Yesterday at my desk, I played music and have my player to never turn off the screen when the player is on. Did that for about an hour. I unplugged around 6:30am and by 5pm I was down to 40%.

Keep in mind, I hardly switch to Wifi, even when I'm at home, always on 4G. I am on the phone at least 40 mins during my commute to and from work. All of my emails are set to push and I am running A LOT of widgets.

Thoughts?

Dude you are pushing your phone hard imo. If u are sometimes getting 25 hrs. Pushing it like that I think you are doing great.
I would charge my batt when it hits 30%, and like was reccomended once a month let your batt drain all the way to 0%. Are u streaming that music? If so wow....
Also if u turn your screen off even when playing music it should help.
U are running data and background data and getting that amount of usage.
Stellar.

Upvote 0
Yesterday, I played music directly from the phone but I will play a full album streamed from my server sometimes. When I do that, the screen isn't on the whole time.

I guess the way I think I am using the phone as it is intended but didn't think I was pushing it too hard other than all of the widgets I have. I run everything all the time. I do have updates for beautiful widgets set at reasonable 3 hours.

I figured I'd throw it out there for some opinions. After seeing I was at 40% by 5:30-6pm it kind of surprised me until I realized i had the screen on for at least an hour playing music.

Dude you are pushing your phone hard imo. If u are sometimes getting 25 hrs. Pushing it like that I think you are doing great.
I would charge my batt when it hits 30%, and like was reccomended once a month let your batt drain all the way to 0%. Are u streaming that music? If so wow....
Also if u turn your screen off even when playing music it should help.
U are running data and background data and getting that amount of usage.
Stellar.

Upvote 0
Yesterday, I played music directly from the phone but I will play a full album streamed from my server sometimes. When I do that, the screen isn't on the whole time.

I guess the way I think I am using the phone as it is intended but didn't think I was pushing it too hard other than all of the widgets I have. I run everything all the time. I do have updates for beautiful widgets set at reasonable 3 hours.

I figured I'd throw it out there for some opinions. After seeing I was at 40% by 5:30-6pm it kind of surprised me until I realized i had the screen on for at least an hour playing music.

Im not saying u are pushing it to hard. Picture the Maxx batt like a porche.
It was meant to be driven hard and fast on the Autobahn...
They made this phone with the hardcore users in mind ;)

Upvote 0

Thoughts?

Seems good to me. You are using your phone a ton, without using Wifi might I add. You state that this beats any other 4G phone you have used. So I'm just curious as to why you are thinking about exchanging it. Do you think it is defective phone and that you should be getting more battery time? Or do you want to just switch to a different phone?

Considering you said it beats your other 4G phones, I think the battery is working perfectly fine. If the margin is fairly close, however, then that is another story.

Upvote 0
I see posts of people going 36 hours and still have 30% and I don't feel I'm using it that much, since most of the day it sits on my desk at work. I don't think it's defective at all. There is no other Verizon phone out there I would switch to right now. The consideration was to just exchange for another.

I agree with everyone else here, just wanted to hear it from someone else! Thanks.

Seems good to me. You are using your phone a ton, without using Wifi might I add. You state that this beats any other 4G phone you have used. So I'm just curious as to why you are thinking about exchanging it. Do you think it is defective phone and that you should be getting more battery time? Or do you want to just switch to a different phone?

Considering you said it beats your other 4G phones, I think the battery is working perfectly fine. If the margin is fairly close, however, then that is another story.

Upvote 0
Can you post what you mean by "normal light use" I would like to compare my use to yours and how you can get 48 hours and have over 60% of battery life left.

Just hit 48 hours still at 60% battery with my normal light use. Can I hit 4 days without a charge? We will find out... If I turn it off at night when I go to bed like my old phones then I could probably get 7 days of use out of one charge... This is just crazy....

Upvote 0
Can you post what you mean by "normal light use" I would like to compare my use to yours and how you can get 48 hours and have over 60% of battery life left.

Some texting, playing a game for a few minutes, a few short phone calls, some light browsing on the internet, random words with friends throughout the day, wifi on, screen brightness turned down very low (though I keep auto dim off) and 4G off (don't have it in my area).

Reactions: RadYOacTiVe
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply.

You are almost the opposite of the way I use my phone.

Some texting, playing a game for a few minutes, a few short phone calls, some light browsing on the internet, random words with friends throughout the day, wifi on, screen brightness turned down very low (though I keep auto dim off) and 4G off (don't have it in my area).

Upvote 0
Ok so today was more of a typical day of phone usage.

I'm at 20 hours and 60% battery life left, granted 8 of those hours was when I was asleep with wifi on and data and background sync turned off so realistically it's 12 hours of usage.

My on screen display time is 1 hour and 15 minutes. I played music for about 1.5 hours, used google maps with GPS for about 30 minutes, made a of couple short phone calls, about 30 texts, and checked email throughout the day.

I think that's pretty good and I'm satisified with the phone knowing that if I needed to use the phone more during the day, I have 50% more juice before I need to charge.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones