• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Quadrant Benchmark Scores!

Mine running froyo and voodoo lag fix. Courtesy of Teamwhiskey's Obsidian rom.

5186646280_0b9f95f7c0.jpg

Upvote 0
says 891

taken with "shoot me" rescaled per upload limits to 618 x 280

hope u can read it still

heres a link to the full picture... Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/izsnap20101127205834p - Shared by PlowRox

on a side note...

sons g2 gets 1600 ! so much for a faster than his phone... lol
He's got to be running Android 2.2. Unfortunately a run of the mill Galaxy S phone will only be around 900 until you the 2.2 update hits or you switch to a custom ROM.

I got 900 on the stock ROM (2.1) and 1525 on Axura 2.05 with the Voodoo lag fix (2.2 ROM)

Upvote 0
In a previous post I mentioned that my sons G2 scored better than my "faster Vibrant" and as I'm sure everyone is aware the G2 is rated at 800 mhz cpu.

Well the other day after installing the OCLF and running the test I happened to look at the info/about tab...and was shocked to find that the vibrant is indeed a 800 mhz cpu!, mind you it says it can go to 1ghz but as you can see in the picture its clearly at 800!

Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/jmg7op - Shared by PlowRox cpu speed

Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/158r9p - Shared by PlowRox after OCLF screaming at 2019!

any thoughts as to why its only 800? and not the full 1ghz?

It definitely seems snappier now the gallery opens really fast, the media scan that runs after boot up is super fast and over in mere seconds unlike before where it would take up to 5 mins to complete

Upvote 0
In a previous post I mentioned that my sons G2 scored better than my "faster Vibrant" and as I'm sure everyone is aware the G2 is rated at 800 mhz cpu.

Well the other day after installing the OCLF and running the test I happened to look at the info/about tab...and was shocked to find that the vibrant is indeed a 800 mhz cpu!, mind you it says it can go to 1ghz but as you can see in the picture its clearly at 800!

Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/jmg7op - Shared by PlowRox cpu speed

Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/158r9p - Shared by PlowRox after OCLF screaming at 2019!

any thoughts as to why its only 800? and not the full 1ghz?

It definitely seems snappier now the gallery opens really fast, the media scan that runs after boot up is super fast and over in mere seconds unlike before where it would take up to 5 mins to complete

The vibrant is set to run max 1ghz, min 100mhz. It scales the speed on the fly as needed. Try this, hit "about" in quadrant 10 different times, you should notice the speed change. For example, sometimes I hit about it says 400, other times it says 200, sometimes it says 800, and a couple times it has said 1000.

So basically, you hit "about", and just at that moment your phone was running at 800. Get it?

It changes the speed of the CPU on demand to save battery. Laptops do the same thing. Mobile intel processors never run at full speed 100 percent of the time, unless you go into windows settings and instruct it to do so. Which you can do the same on your vibrant using SetCPU, tell it to always run at 1000mhz (1ghz).

your phone is normal

One last thing, your sons G2 is actually faster in terms of the CPU, because his scorpion is able to take FULL advantage of the Dalvik Jit Compiler in froyo 2.2, the hummingbird isn't. However, our GPU is probably still better.

Upvote 0
3350 average

The Tegra 2 phones are going to be kick ass! I've got a Viewsonic g Tablet with the Tegra 2 processor. Getting 3350 average on quadrant.

Check out the g tablet forums on xda developers. The latest roms are all getting 3300+

For those who haven't heard about it, the tegra 2 chip has a dual core A9 CPU and an 8 core GPU on it. 10 cores combined cpu and gpu on one chip!

My tablet's browser is faster than on my quad core desktop!

Added: no overclocking yet

Upvote 0
i was getting consistent 2000+ with a factory 2.1 and rooted. I flashed bionix frost and it has dropped to just under 1500. The bionix rom is definitely snappier though, so i'm not sure how good of a gauge quadrant is. i'd rather have a quick phone with lower quadrant scores than one that is laggy with great scores.
check ut tigersblood v3 kernal...wow and fast flash like a rom!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones