• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

POST YOUR SPEED TESTS HERE

on Rogers LTE in Toronto..

i live about 10-15mins from the downtown core..

this was just outside my condo.. in my condo i get like 1 bar of reception for some reason.

not bad imho..

SC20120106-175135.png

Reactions: Mr. Ed
Upvote 0
Let's see if the green shows through in this picture. You should see white at the top of card and orange/green at the bottom of card.

Hmm. They told me my phone would need a new SIM... but I got a blue one. I don't think we have LTE here but it's kind of presumptuous of them to think I wouldn't travel where there is some.

Upvote 0
lol, mine keeps saying network issues after posting download results, doesn't even try upload

1st = about 1mbps
2nd = 7.7 mbps
3rd = 3mbps

all network issues hahaha

Speed Test also gives me network issues as it tests the upload.

In West LA with full bars of LTE I was getting between 12-14 mbps down. With one bar of LTE I'm getting between 4 and 6 mbps down.

Upvote 0
Color me jealous! My speeds at best which was a month ago was only at 4.6 mbps. This month it is currently at a glacial pace of .14mbps. Which quite frankly is unacceptable! I have contacted my carrier, who did troubleshooting and reset the network and assured me everything was fine. It is not fine. It is still super slow. I contacted Samsung, who had me do a factory reset on my beloved SkyRocket. It is currently rebooting and reloading all updates etc. If this did not remedy the issue, I am not sure what to do next, short of going to my carrier and demanding a new one.

I know it's a phone issue and not a carrier issue, due to the fact everyone else in the house has way quicker speeds than I do!

*ETA* after factory reset I am still at far less than ideal upload speed. .15mbps NOT COOL AT ALL!

What can I do?

Upvote 0
They just turned on our LTE within the last couple weeks.

This is what I'm getting so far, fastest was 32. This is more than fast enough for me. Its increased my data usage 10x. I really have to keep a close eye on the data now, as 500mb a month was about normal for me. I'm usually attached to a network. Since the LTE... I did 500mb in a couple days.

Screenshot_2012-08-18-00-20-55.png

Screenshot_2012-08-18-00-21-48.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones