• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Powerbank Case?

ash92x

Dec 29, 2012
Hi all,

In an effort to get more battery life out of my S3 i've been looking at some accessories.

This one has came up and looks really interesting - at alot cheaper price than a similar one (mophie)
Power Bank Case for Samsung Galaxy S3

Has anyone used this/similar accessories? What's your opinion of them? Does anyone know how they work? Have never owned something like this before.

My job requires me to occasionally use my phone as GPS which is demanding on the battery - I do have an in car charger but I think this kit will help to stop me worrying about it running out mid journey (I often forget to plug it in!)

Many Thanks
Ash

I see. Any idea if it supports NFC and if you can charge the phone battery without removing the case?
You will definitely have to take the case off to change the battery. I dont know about NFC though, wouldnt surprise me if it wouldnt work though the extra battery, thats just a guess.

EDIT: I misread, you shouldnt have to remove the case to charge it. I read charge as change, my bad

Upvote 0
Thanks. Waiting to hear back from the seller to see if it is NFC compatible. Even though I have yet to use the feature I don't want to be killing it off by a case!

Ash

As long as you have a NFC capable battery installed,you shouldn't have any issues w/this feature working.The MOPHIE case is compatible w/o interfering w/NFC, so, I don't see any reason why the design of this case would be any different from that standpoint.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I settled with the Powerskin Case for the samsung galaxy s3.

PowerSkin for Samsung Galaxy S

It does make the phone a little bulky, but you get used to it. Functionality is great, have yet to be left without battery since I got it.

Typically will charge the case 50-70% from empty (depends if your using it whilst it's charging).

It is NFC compatible (tested) and you don't need to remove the case to charge the phone. Plugging the phone with case on into a wall charging point will charge both the phone battery and case simutaneously (sometimes it charges the case battery first, I've yet to figure out how it decides).

Does take longer to charge both batteries (about 6 hours when both flat) but I am really happy with this product.

Ash

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones