• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pressured on an early upgrade to buy Iphone

I got a text message about the iphone a few days ago saying that I was allowed to upgrade to it. I bought the Droid X on July 15th while renewing my 2 year contract so i was confused. I went to a vzw store and showed them the text and they typed like 3 letters on a computer and said yes I could upgrade. So i asked if I could wait till mid April to use it and they said yes. So being curious I asked if it applied only to the iphone or if I could use the upgrade for the Bionic and he said no, your early upgrade only applies to the iphone. So i asked to talk to a manager and asked him about it. He said since I've been such a good customer and have had an account with them since the bell atlantic mobile days that i was allowed to upgrade to their most waited on phone. I asked about the Bionic and he said he'll have to check. Sure enough, no go.

What a bunch of CRAP

Upvote 0
The iPhone launch was not a failure by any means.

More likely, Verizon wants to move as many iPhones as possible now that new iPhone5 and iPad5 info is trickling out.

If they lock in 400,000 people into a two year, they will be able to at least get half of them to pay full price on an iPhone5 come summer, in addition to all the new subs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones