• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Prestigio PMP5588C factory reset problem

Leffy

Lurker
Aug 19, 2013
Hey guys! I posted this before as a guest at your guest forum, but only got one reply with sending it back to the factory, so i give it another try (thansk for that reply as well tho! )

I bought a new Prestigio Multipad 8.0 HD tablet (PMP5588C_Duo), and today it decided to freeze as i was browsing with it (been using it for 4 days, no problem), so i restarted it and it took me to the first startup wizard..wierd...then when i went over the screens i tried to reinstallmy apps and it wrote i have no space, so i checked my storage, and it writes 46,65MB taken 0 MB free (all the taken is under apps), altough it should have 8GB space. I can't factory reset since it just stucks on the turning off part and freez after 45-50 min.

I tried restarting it with power button+ volume up got to the boot screen (or whatever it is), and got the following:
"Can't access 'factory'. wipe it!
Formatting /factory...
factory wipe failed"

I tried to erase everything from here and reboot it, no more luck than before :(

any ideas? i would really love to find some solution instead of sending it back since i think its not the hardver but the brain of it gone mad, tho i'm a total noob to these :)

Thanks for your help in advance! (if you need any more details pleae tell me! )

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones