• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Printing for dummies?

dtrosper

Lurker
Apr 20, 2012
New to Android from Apple and I don't get why printing is so complicated! I have an Acer Iconia and an HTC Vivid. I have an HP Photosmart with ePrint but the ePrint isn't set up yet.

I used the app OfficeSuite Pro (trial) to type a simple word doc. I tried HP ePrint Home and Business but it gives me an error as soon as I hit the print button. I then set up Google Cloud printing and used the Cloud Print app. Once I actually found my document (in the download file??) I was able to finally print it.

Is there not an easier way to send something from my tablet (or phone) to my printer through the wireless network without the need for it to go to Google or HP or through my PC?

I found an old thread about PrinterShare being a good one but it's $12.95 now - ouch! And I still don't know if it would omit all the middle activity.

Help? And thanks :).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones