• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Private Chat with Moderators

@Unforgiven
Something freaky going on ever since the site went down yesterday. I hit the refresh button on my browser and all of a sudden I was logged in under your account (happened 3 times already). Or sometimes a refresh will log me out and another refresh will log me back in.

Thought it was a mere glitch, but when I rest the cursor on the avatar if logged in under you it brings up the menu for your profile. Don't worry, I didn't snoop around your account. I hit the refresh again and was right back in my account.

Upvote 0
@Unforgiven
Something freaky going on ever since the site went down yesterday. I hit the refresh button on my browser and all of a sudden I was logged in under your account (happened 3 times already). Or sometimes a refresh will log me out and another refresh will log me back in.

Thought it was a mere glitch, but when I rest the cursor on the avatar if logged in under you it brings up the menu for your profile. Don't worry, I didn't snoop around your account. I hit the refresh again and was right back in my account.
It is glitching like that for me too. So far, I get a security warning and I'm unable to do anything when I'm temporarily someone else and a refresh sets things right, so I don't think you will see stuff you shouldn't. That said, please let us know if you do see something you normally wouldn't. We may need to escalate this.

Upvote 0
It is glitching like that for me too. So far, I get a security warning and I'm unable to do anything when I'm temporarily someone else and a refresh sets things right, so I don't think you will see stuff you shouldn't. That said, please let us know if you do see something you normally wouldn't. We may need to escalate this.

I guess I should have clicked on something while under your account just to see what happens. Will do if it happens again and let you know if I see something I shouldn't. Thanks

Upvote 0
Just to mention out of curiosity, on another site one time, I found myself able to access admin/mod conversations/postings/area, whatever. It was interesting to say the least as they had a convo going gossiping about members. I reported the glitch. Have always wondered how that happened though. On another site, (where I am a mod) the quick mod area shows an unidentified member under moderation. It has been that way for years. Like other things just left by the wayside, nobody with access to that link (admin) has ever even said what the name of the super 'dangerous' member is. I wonder about that one too! Anyway, this is a good function to have in order to prevent unnecessary PM's to site staff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones