• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root PRL Update problem

I can read the card with my card reader, but I can't get the computer to read the card while in the phone. I can't get sync to work either.
When I plug the phone in to the usb I get " please insert a disc in to portable disc drive L" .
It's strange to me the pc sees that it's an android phone and charges the phone, but doesn't see the SD card.

Upvote 0
Then I would just back up your SD card onto your PC. Format the card. Then transfer everything back. Sounds like you have a SD card mount issue. Do you get a little error that your phone can't mount the SD card?

With the SD card in the phone can you access it? To even just see pictures you've taken?

Can you access the card while in recovery?

Upvote 0
When I reboot the phone it says preparing the SD card, but I don't see an error.
I have a copy of the sd card I made the other day. Should I wipe the card and put that copy back on it? This is a copy I made after I started having the problems.

i do not see why i you should not be able to. looks like your issues did not have anything related to your sd card. so format it and copy the contents over.

Upvote 0
ok so it looks like we are confused on what each other is talking about. do you have two cards? in recovery(cwm) you can select "mount usb storage". it is similar to when the phone is on, except that you are in recovery. select mount to connect to the pc/transfer your content to the sd card/unmount usb storage to disconnect phone from the pc.

Upvote 0
ok so first did you format your card through your phone? if not you should do that first, since you have a copy of your sd card on your computer(right?). once it is formatted then see if your phone can see the card and if so set it to disk drive. or if it is still not seeing it, but it sees it in recovery then you can mount it and transfer your copy of the sd cardfrom your computer back onto the re-formatted card.

hope that helps.

Upvote 0
not sure if you can do that in recovery. i do not recall that option in clockwork mod. i would do it in booted up on your phone. then since you are booted up check and see if you can cannect via usb and set to disk drive. if you can they transfer via that way instead of through recovery. the transfer through recovery is a little slower.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones