• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem rooting .621

SalemWoods

Lurker
May 9, 2012
Hello I am having trouble with my droid x not rooting on .621. I am using the new method with the Linux boot. My problem is when I am in the terminal I type in "chmod +x sbf_flash" then pressed enter. Next I typed in "./sbf_flash mb809-2.3.5.sbf" and press enter. I am then greeted with an error message saying "cannot allocate memory." If anybody can assist me in finding a solution to this problem, I would gladly appreciate it.

Thanks

Thanks for all your help, I got the update to work successfully!
Unfortunately, now I am having trouble rooting with the zergrushv4 method. Whenever I try to root the phone I always run into an error. I think it may have something to do with the adb drivers because I am not sure what those are. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones