• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with alarms - suggestions please

LydiaJ

Lurker
Nov 16, 2019
Hi Everyone

I'm new here so please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

I have medication that I have to take at particular times of day, so I have alarms on my phone to remind me. Most of the time, I want these alarms to sound, but when I am in a meeting, obviously I need them to be quiet. However, I still need to know it's time to take my medication, so I want them to vibrate.

So far, all attempts to get my phone to do this have failed. The only way to make the alarms not sound during meetings is to have a setting with "do not disturb", and that always also stops them vibrating.

My alarms are on the native Samsung Clock version 10.0.20.5 and I change settings using Sound Profile LITE by Corcanoe. I am open to different alarm and/or settings apps, free or paid for, if they will solve my problem. I am also open to sneaky work-around solutions if anyone can think of any.

My phone is a Samsung A6 running Android 9.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
It would make your calendar look messy, but you could set up repeating calendar alerts instead. Those will still vibrate with the phone in silent mode.

The drawback is that the alert is easier to miss than the continuous ringing of a clock alarm.
Thanks Hadron (cool name BTW)
I've just tried that. I put calendar alerts as an exception to 'do not disturb' and set up firstly a calendar item with alarm, and then a task. Neither makes it vibrate when it's on silent. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones