• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with new SD card

I just installed a 16 gig Sandisk SD card in my EVO. Now when I try to take a picture it shows an error along the lines of insufficient privilege to SD card. When I go into Settings>SD card and storage it shows no total or available memory. I then select "unmount SD card" then reboot the phone and it seems to work for a while, Show the available memory, then go back to the same problem.

Any ideas?

And......after a while of working flawlessly, it goes back to the same old crap! "unable to save file to sd card due to insufficient file permissions" A reboot of the phone fixes it for a little while, then it won't access the SD card again. I googled the error message and it is a very popular error For Android phones. nobody seems to have a fix.

Upvote 0
Is there any chance your card is counterfeit? There's been a rash of those from eBay out there that are alleged SanDisks; run a search (plus they tell you how to determine if so).

Task Killers are for people who don't understand Linux and Android

i did order sandisk mirco sd 32gb cost $18.53 in china by ebay.. few days ago..

Upvote 0
i did order sandisk mirco sd 32gb cost $18.53 in china by ebay.. few days ago..
I'm gonna bet this ain't gonna end well ... run a search; a lot of those Chinese counterfitters are taking 4G/8G cards and dicking around with the config info to make 'em look like 32GB cards, but once you cross the real storage limit, you'll start trashing your data.

There's a program out there (for the PC, IIRC) that'll test the cards for you, so try that before putting them into your phone, lest you lose all your data.

It's a serious case of Caveat Emptor, as you gotta figure that even coming from China, a card that retails for no less than ~$170 anywhere won't be legit for $20 ...!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones