• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with notifications

westbros

Android Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2010
Hi. I have been having problems with my notifications of late, and I have a suspicion that this all started since my last firmware update a few weeks ago. Primarily the problem is with text messages. Often I am getting no alert (tone or vibration) with the notification when the message arrives, and I only get the alert when I later pick up my phone and take the screen out of hibernation. I have a reminder app that is supposed to repeat the alert every minute, but most of the time this is not happening. (This is incidentally the second reminder app that I have used - I recently installed this new one because the old one didn't seem to be working, so I am pretty certain that this is a firmware issue and nothing to do with the app.) It also seems to me that I sometimes do not get alerts when a Gmail or Whatsapp message arrives, but I cannot say this with 100% certainty.

My firmware is G900FXXU1BOJ1. Has anybody else noticed problems with notifications recently? Do you have the same firmware? Thanks.

Yes, I, too, am experiencing a lack of notifications. Sitting right next to the S5 with no other distractions. I missed five of the last six notifications. The one I did not miss was one I sent myself for testing. Odd.
I was not getting text notifications but it's fixed now! I tried all of the suggestions on here and none worked except one: uninstalling CM Security. If you have it, try uninstalling it. This did it for me. I am SOOOOO relieved! Good luck!

Upvote 0
Yes, I, too, am experiencing a lack of notifications. Sitting right next to the S5 with no other distractions. I missed five of the last six notifications. The one I did not miss was one I sent myself for testing. Odd.
I was not getting text notifications but it's fixed now! I tried all of the suggestions on here and none worked except one: uninstalling CM Security. If you have it, try uninstalling it. This did it for me. I am SOOOOO relieved! Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones