• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem With Rooting for Samsung Admire SCH-R720

mdsameer26

Lurker
Jul 25, 2013
well hi there !
am using samsung admire sch-r720, recently i tried to root my mobile by k0nane's method but it's not working for me....i am attaching a screenshot of errors.....hope someone helps me
6s4v.png

screens link: http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/8392/6s4v.png

I had the same problem, I don't think one click root still works on 2.3.6 for the Samsung Admire because so many users have trouble with it. It says root has been acquired and it also successfully installs superuser, but it doesn't root your phone. You should look in the All things root sub-forum and find the 2.3.6 root that provides a file to you can flash in ClockWorkMod recovery gained through Odin, you can find out all about it in the sub-forum.

This should help!

Upvote 0
well first of all thanks for d reply...... i didn't use super one click root software instead i used k0nane's method in which batch file does the all things needed to root.....it throws an error while rooting and says device is successfully rooted but when i check through root checker app it says no root access... :/
yea should give a try to 2.3.6 other meths but i was thinking it may brick my device coz every model has it's own way to root.....

Upvote 0
Here's the link to the root guide. It should work. Read from the bottom to the top. You'll need to get a tool called ODIN, and it'll be used to install cwm recovery on your phone. Then you just install update.zip and you are rooted. I tested this on two Samsung Admire phones. The older black one, and the newer white one which was released around last Christmas, both running 2.3.6. Just look over the thread, it's really simple to root with those instructions. I got the same outcome when I used One click root. It said it was rooted, and it wasn't. I haven't witnessed other methods giving root to 2.3.6 Admire phones. So, here's the link to the thread.

http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/598618-root-2-3-6-update.html

Reactions: mdsameer26
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones