1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem with Sense ROM on Nexus S

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daveshea, Sep 6, 2011.

1. daveshea

daveshea Lurker

I am totally new to rooting and installing ROMS, and I need help!

I purchased a Sprint Nexus S tonight, and started using it. Frustrated with the absense of the HTC Sense software, which I had been so used to, I learned how to root my phone and installed a ROM I found posted on another website that indicated it would install a port of the HTC Sense software to this new phone.

Sure enough, it did. However, everything works but the phone!

The home screen simply indicates there is no cell signal. I can't find anywhere that I would enter this or correct this.

If I can't figure that out, I need to restore the phone back to factory state. Problem is, when I attempt to tether the phone via USB to the computer, the phone isn't recognized! I can't access the storage on the phone in order to put a different ROM on the unit to flash to!

Please help! I need to get this phone back to usable condition ASAP!

-David

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

download rom manager and flash another rom.

if you wanted sense ui why on earth did you buy this phone? did you not look at it at all before you bought it?

3. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Android Enthusiast

As much as I dislike HTC, there is a lot of usability enhancements that are included with Sense that SHOULD be capabilities of AOSP.

4. daveshea

daveshea Lurker

I was able to figure it out...Apparently the ROM in question doesn't work correctly with CDMA phones. I was able to regain access to transfer files via USB with the bootloader on the phone, and then found a factory recovery image to reflash the phone back to complete stock condition, including the root.

Back to stock, and back to the store to return. Switched to an Evo 3d. Much happier.

5. undergroundk

undergroundk Lurker

David its because you have to flash a radio for nexus s but it has to be sprint version and that would fix your signal problem

Nexus S 4G Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews