• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with Skype contacts

I installed Skype on my Desire S and since doing so about 200 contacts have appeared in my People list!

They consist of just a phone number and a name like %s2 etc. Each contact appears 5 to 10 times in the list. I don't seem to be able to edit them or delete them. My phone's People list is syncing with my gMail account, and that in turn syncs with my Apple Address Book. The errant contacts do not appear in these.

I've searched in my bona fide contacts list for a few of the phone numbers and as far as I have checked they don't belong to anyone I know.

Any ideas where they came from, why and how to get rid of them? I have to scroll past them every time I use my People app because they're listed as just a number and so sort before everything else in the list.

Thanks for any help offered.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones