• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems after firmware update (processes stopping)

I've just updated my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 with new firmware. After rebooting, I was immediately met with the message "Unfortunately, Samsung Cloud Data Relay has stopped". After responding OK to this message, it disappears but immediately reappears a few seconds later. In the few seconds that I have between these messages, I'm able to swipe my device to get to my home screen, but then I'm met with a series of messages informing me - one by one - that all my running processes have stopped. As I click OK to each warning, I'm once again met with the "Cloud Data Relay has stopped" message. This is rendering my tablet completely unusable. Any advice on what might be going on here?

And I thought it's only me. I don't know what they have done, but they managed to ruin my tab as well. My Galaxy Tab 2 updated yesterday morning and now it's not working! :-( It turns on and just when I swipe to unlock I get black screen with this pop up.
It says Unfortunately, com.sec.android.app.launcher has stopped.

I tried Wipe Cache Partition but it didn't help.
I went into Safe mode and uninstalled every downloaded application from within Task Manager. But again, the same error.

I just did Wipe Data / factory reset but nothing. Same thing.

Tried with application GoLauncher and it's working( I can use the screens) .With that working I opened Settings/Application Manager/All/ and tried clearing the Cache and Data on the com.sec.android.app.launcher but still the same error if I don't use GoLauncher.

Don't know what else... Kies says updated to the latest Firmware.

Upvote 0
I took mine along to the Samsung Service Centre here in Glasgow. They told me that it looks as if the update was corrupt. Left the tablet with them and received a phone call an hour later that it was now up and running again. Unfortunately, they essentially had to do a factory reset on it, which I was trying to avoid. PITA, but at least its working again.

And I thought it's only me. I don't know what they have done, but they managed to ruin my tab as well. My Galaxy Tab 2 updated yesterday morning and now it's not working! :-( It turns on and just when I swipe to unlock I get black screen with this pop up.
It says Unfortunately, com.sec.android.app.launcher has stopped.

I tried Wipe Cache Partition but it didn't help.
I went into Safe mode and uninstalled every downloaded application from within Task Manager. But again, the same error.

I just did Wipe Data / factory reset but nothing. Same thing.

Tried with application GoLauncher and it's working( I can use the screens) .With that working I opened Settings/Application Manager/All/ and tried clearing the Cache and Data on the com.sec.android.app.launcher but still the same error if I don't use GoLauncher.

Don't know what else... Kies says updated to the latest Firmware.

Upvote 0
I took mine along to the Samsung Service Centre here in Glasgow. They told me that it looks as if the update was corrupt. Left the tablet with them and received a phone call an hour later that it was now up and running again. Unfortunately, they essentially had to do a factory reset on it, which I was trying to avoid. PITA, but at least its working again.

Was this the Service Centre under the Hielanman's umbrella OP? , i'm the same myself after update with no googleplay services or play store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones