• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems importing contacts from android to gmail

B8787

Nov 15, 2011
Hello all,

I am having troubles with importing my contacts from my LG 2x speed (android) to my google account. When I import the contacts from my USIM to my gmail account (menu - import/export) it first loads the contacts, but when I check online on my gmail account I am not able to see them under the 'Contacts' tab.

However, it syncs and when I click an imported contact, it says on top of the contact settings that it is a gmail contact...

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

I am very new to answering questions about this phone, as I am having my own problems, but I just read in another thread, and I realized this is happening to me too after reading the other thread.... On your Gmail Acct online, when you ADD a new contact to your phone, Google or Gmail puts it in a folder called "Other Contacts" it may or may not have a name with the number and vice versa. Check your Gmail Acct on your PC and see if this is the case. I hope I am answering correctly to what you are asking and hope it helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones