• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems moving contacts from Desire to One X

budeman

Lurker
Oct 25, 2010
Hi - I am having a problem transferring my contacts from my HTC Desire to my HTC one x.

I have read another thread on here but I am still having issues

on my Desire i have 206 (phone number) contacts.

I have imported from SIM card to my google account and from my SD card to my google account - all of these seem to copy across

Under 'Accounts & Sync' my google account is ticked and the last sync was the 3rd Oct so all should be fine there - i think?

When i try and use transfer on my one x it copies over only 186 contacts - when i actually look most of these are email contacts and only 20 of these are phone contacts - so it seems like only these few are actually on my google contacts in my Desire.

Any idea where I am going wrong

Thanks in advance!

I think you may have got them across but not showing them....

If you go to your phone book and in the top left it shows phonebook with a little arrow next to it, if you drop that down it shoudl let you choose what shows in your list...

To stop contacts without a number being shown go to your phone book then choose settings and at the top it should have an option called Only with phone number if you tick that it should make things a little clearer..

Hope thats helped

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones