• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problems. Please help.

wrxSTI

Lurker
Mar 18, 2010
I am pretty new to the android OS. But i love it, the downfall is how long it is taking for 2.1 to be released. So I decided to root and everything was going well until I tried to make a nandroid backup. I followed a step-by-step guide, but instead of my phone booting into the screen with the android logo it goes to the /!\ screen. That is really the best way I could describe it. Sorry and thanks in advance. :thinking:

I am pretty new to the android OS. But i love it, the downfall is how long it is taking for 2.1 to be released. So I decided to root and everything was going well until I tried to make a nandroid backup. I followed a step-by-step guide, but instead of my phone booting into the screen with the android logo it goes to the /!\ screen. That is really the best way I could describe it. Sorry and thanks in advance. :thinking:

Post the link for the step-by-step guide you used. That screen you are talking about is the recovery system that came with your phone. What ROM are you trying to load? If it is Cyanogen...you need Clockwork Recovery. If it is Bugless Beauty, Simply Stunning, Ultimate Droid, DroidMod or any others...you need SPRecovery 99.2b (at least...there is a 99.3 out as well but not any big changes and everything works with 99.2b or better).

Upvote 0
Also check this out...the first section is what to know before rooting...

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/45764-guide-s-everything-root-related.html

Start there and do a day or two of reading before you root. You will think I am being a snotty jerk and I don't know what I'm talking about...it will save you many, many HOURS if you know what you're doing...before you have a problem. DM Updater (DroidMod) and ROM Manager (Cyanogen) are easy to use and you'll appreciate them in a month. If you use them now, in my experience...the important stuff will all be done for you and you'll have no body of knowledge to work off of. :D

Don't believe me...ask anyone here with 1,000 posts how many "I've rooted and now I'm lost" type questions they have answered. By all means, ask questions...but please (for yourself, for us trying to help), take the initiative to learn. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones