• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems updating Galaxy S2 Skyrocket to Jelly Bean.

Kristi163

Dec 16, 2013
I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on eBay and got it about a week ago. I live in Europe, but the phone is unlocked so I can use it. It came updated with android 4.0.4 ICS. Now I know that it can be updated to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 but when I connect it to Kies, it says that is not supported to update via Kies. I've tried and successfuly installed ROMs on my previous phone, but i kinda don't like to do manual things and changes on my new one. Is there a way to make it work through Kies? Also I would like to know that if I do the update, will the phone stay unlocked or it has nothing to do about, as I was recommended by a friend to be careful as the phone might get locked again.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones