1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems updating Galaxy S2 Skyrocket to Jelly Bean.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kristi163, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Kristi163

Kristi163 Newbie

I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on eBay and got it about a week ago. I live in Europe, but the phone is unlocked so I can use it. It came updated with android 4.0.4 ICS. Now I know that it can be updated to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 but when I connect it to Kies, it says that is not supported to update via Kies. I've tried and successfuly installed ROMs on my previous phone, but i kinda don't like to do manual things and changes on my new one. Is there a way to make it work through Kies? Also I would like to know that if I do the update, will the phone stay unlocked or it has nothing to do about, as I was recommended by a friend to be careful as the phone might get locked again.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikaelmoon

mikaelmoon Lurker

I used kies to update my Rogers Skyrocket that is SGH-I727R
    worked okay. Not sure about the AT&T model though. try ODIN maybe, a little google goes a long way.

3. Kristi163

Kristi163 Newbie

Yeah I'm about to update it via ODIN but I was affraid because my phone is unlocked and if the manual update will re-lock it. Or even if things go wrong and I'll need to factory restore my phone will it remain unlocked?

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1850mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews