• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems when connecting to computer

Okay, so ever since the Marshmallow update my G Stylo hasn't been cooperating with me when I try to connect it to the computer. Firstly, when going into the file explorer, I'll be lucky if it even lets me get into the phone's files at all without freezing and forcing me to unplug the phone and try again. Then, when I finally get into the phone via my computer, I run into the same game of chance when trying to transfer files to and from the phone. Half the time it'll freeze halfway through transferring, leaving an incomplete file and forcing me to retry over and over until the planets align and it finally gives me a clean file. I have to fight with it for a solid half hour just trying to transfer six reasonably sized audio files (about 100 MB apiece) and I'm really about ready to chuck the blasted thing against a wall.

It's not my computer doing this. I've connected several other devices, even other Android phones (albeit older ones) and they work just fine. I run Windows 10, in case you think that might matter. And it worked just fine before the update. This is really very frustrating and any help would be appreciated.

I've had this problem too. I tried to transfer a backup of my pictures and music to my phone and it froze at like...70%. I tried the "adb push" command with usb debugging on and it worked for me

Just place the files you to move into a folder named "files" with these files and open a command window in that file directory by right clicking while holding shift when the folder location is opened, then click "Open command window here"

Use

Code:
adb push files /storage/sdcard

you can add folders after /sdcard/ if you have a specific folder you want to copy them too

Attachments

• adb.zip
    635.5 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones