• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root problems with flashback rom

Prime85

Android Expert
Feb 7, 2011
Flashback released a new update today and I figured I would give it a try since gtabcomb hasn't released an update in over a month. On first startup of the flashback Tom it doesn't go past the bootscreen that says android 3.0. It does this with every version of flashback that I have tried. Does anyone know why it is doing this with my tablet?

There are several methods of flashing the rom listed on the dev post:

[ROM - 1.2] Flashback - Honeycomb - Alpha 8.0 (9/1/11) [G-TABLET\ZPAD T2] - xda-developers

You most likely need to do option 3, which requires NV flash. You can also try Option 2, which I did, which involves formatting your SD card and changing the partition size. I can tell you that I tried option 2 and it still didn't install, so I just gave up on it due to time constraints. Just be aware that formatting the card gets rid of everything on it, so if you have data you need be sure to back it up.

Upvote 0
There are several methods of flashing the rom listed on the dev post:

[ROM - 1.2] Flashback - Honeycomb - Alpha 8.0 (9/1/11) [G-TABLET\ZPAD T2] - xda-developers

You most likely need to do option 3, which requires NV flash. You can also try Option 2, which I did, which involves formatting your SD card and changing the partition size. I can tell you that I tried option 2 and it still didn't install, so I just gave up on it due to time constraints. Just be aware that formatting the card gets rid of everything on it, so if you have data you need be sure to back it up.

It worked perfectly Thank you for your help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones