• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with secured wifi after upgrade from 1.6 to 2.1

Last week I've upgraded my Android from 1.6 to 2.1 (users of Xperia devices in Czech Republic without rooted phone wasn't able to do it before). Since that time we aren't able to connect to secured WiFi in spite of the fact that we didn't have this problem before upgrade. For example: I need to use WiFi at our University and I know both, the login and the password. Android 2.1 detects that WiFi is available but it doesn't allow to activate my device within the network and gain IP adress. I tried to install a certificate to the sdcard too (it wasn't necessery with 1.6) but my next attempt failed again. I think it is quite a serious problem - ability of wifi connection is one of the most important things I demand from my phone. I suppose that users from some other countries, where Android 2.1 is available for longer time than one week, found some solution. My English isn't brilliant but I hope, that you can understand my question ;).

Welcome to the forums, Fringilla.

Sorry to see you're having wifi connection issues following an upgrade. Most often, those issues are remedied by starting over with the wifi configuration, even taking the trouble to reboot the device, and then carefully going through the settings making sure the pass key, encryption type (wpa2, etc) and other menu settings match the router/wifi hotspot.

Good luck, and please post back your progress (your English is fine ;)).

I moved your question out of the Lounge and into the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini forum for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones