• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help profile possibilities?

Hi. Brand new android user with the Galaxy Nexus. Loving it so far.

I'm trying to create profiles for daytime and nighttime ringer and notification alerts. Reading on this forum led me to play with Phone Weaver and Timeriffic, but I still haven't been able to do the following--can anyone clue me into whether this is possible or not:

I would like to have profiles that change the ringer/notification for 5 events at the push of a button--(phone call,txt,google talk message,facebook message,email)

I would like a day profile: (vibrate,vibrate,vibrate,vibrate,vibrate)
and a night profile: (ringtone,ringtone,mute,mute,mute)

It can be manually switched--doesn't have to be time-based or anything.

The notification settings for facebook messenger, txt messenger, etc. seem to be inside the menus of the respective programs. Is there any way to change them all at once?

Thanks!

I thought I'd post what I ended up doing for the benefit of future newbies searching with the same question. After fooling with it for a long time I'm pretty sure it is impossible to specify different notification settings for different events (email, chat message, txt message, etc.) within a profile manager app. Anyone please correct me if you know a way.

I personally ended up using Phone Weaver and creating day and night profiles which turn the ringer mode from vibrate (day) to sound (night). I then turned notifications off for email, and to "vibrate always" inside of google talk and facebook messenger. I will then put my phone on a soft surface at night so the "vibrate" notifications from chat messages don't wake me (vibrate makes a racket if the phone is resting on a hard surface) but calls and txts ring loud. This is really klugey, but it'll work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones