• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Profile Status" not activating Profiles in Tasker

I've created a profile that, when triggered, must activate other profiles among other things.
The problem is that those other profiles are not activated by the main profile.
I've ran a log and it says "Ok" for the activation, but it does not activate....
The tasks are not locked (I've checked, locked and unlocked them).

So, any ideas of why the profile is not activating the others?

Profile: EntreiAcademia (11)
Event: Variable Set [ Variable:%ACAD Value:1 User Variables Only:Off ]
Enter: Anaerobico (9)
A1: [X] Say [ Text:Modo Anaerobico Ativado Engine:Voice:com.google.android.tts:por-bra Stream:3 Pitch:5 Speed:5 Respect Audio Focus:On Network:Off Continue Task Immediately:Off ]
A2: Profile Status [ Name:InicioAerobico Set:On ]
A3: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:2 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A4: Profile Status [ Name:FimWorkout Set:On ]
A5: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:2 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A6: Profile Status [ Name:Repeticoes Set:On ]
A7: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:2 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A8: [X] Iniciar treino [ Configuration:Iniciar treino
Selecione a intensidade do treino:Body bump
Modo:Suave
Timeout (Seconds):0 ]
A9: Wait Until [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:0 Hours:2 Days:0 ] If [ %FIM ~ 1 ]
A10: If [ %FIM ~ 1 ]
A11: Say [ Text:Modo Anaeróbico Desativado Engine:Voice:com.google.android.tts:por-bra Stream:3 Pitch:5 Speed:5 Respect Audio Focus:On Network:Off Continue Task Immediately:Off ]
A12: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:2 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A13: Profile Status [ Name:Repeticoes Set:Off ]
A14: [X] Parar exercício [ Configuration:parar exercício em andamento
Timeout (Seconds):0 Continue Task After Error:On ]
A15: End If

Upvote 0
I am not familiar with some of the actions in your sample.

For Tasker I recommend statt out simple .. when that is working ... add to it ... when that is working ... add to it some more.

The following works for me ...

Profile: SamPro (624)
Event: Variable Set [ Variable:%Sample Value:1 User Variables Only:Off ]
Enter: Anon (625)
A1: Profile Status [ Name:tlaSayRSSI Set:On ]
A2: Profile Status [ Name:tlaSaySMS Set:On ]
A3: Profile Status [ Name:tlaService Set:On ]

... Thom

Upvote 0
I am not familiar with some of the actions in your sample.

For Tasker I recommend statt out simple .. when that is working ... add to it ... when that is working ... add to it some more.

The following works for me ...

Profile: SamPro (624)
Event: Variable Set [ Variable:%Sample Value:1 User Variables Only:Off ]
Enter: Anon (625)
A1: Profile Status [ Name:tlaSayRSSI Set:On ]
A2: Profile Status [ Name:tlaSaySMS Set:On ]
A3: Profile Status [ Name:tlaService Set:On ]

... Thom
The other actions that you are not familiar, do not interfier with the "status" action.
Following your sample, the result is the same for me. The profile is not activated, though Tasker says it has in log file.... that's the problem...

Upvote 0
I determined it seeing that the slider was off.
I figured out that one of the problems was that I was making tests with tasker disabled. Once I enabled it, the profiles began to be set on and off. Since other action were done if it disabled, I thought it would change status as well, but it doesn't...
I've decided to use Bluetooh connection to trigger the profile. It worked better. But still, tasker has a great delay. It takes a while to activate the task after the profile context is green, and takes more time to set status of other profiles to on or off... do you have any idea of what could be causing this delay?

By the way, thanks for the support with the first problem. Just when dealing with your suggestion that I could resolve the issue.

Upvote 0
There are a number of riming parameters in Home / Settings / Preferences /Monitor that you might have changed.

The Task in your original Profile has three 2 second waits that aren't really needed.

I don't know how you want to control the trigger

You could consider a task that toggles between 0 and 1. Make this task a widget on your home screen. Tap it to toggle the switch between 0 and 1. Have another similar profile to the one you hace to turn the profiles off when 0 is set.

You might want to consider uninstalling/re-installing Tasker to reset every parameter to its default. Make sure to do a backup first and a restore after.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Well, I just found out the reason. Actually it wasn't a lag, it was not running the Task. In Log i've got "RejCopy" because there was an action wating a variable be set to 1 for 2 hours, than it understood that there's a copy of a task colliding with the new task. So, I had to manually set the variable to 1 and change the proprieties of the task to abort existing tasks while running a new one.... Gosh....Any way! Thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones