• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Project Elite v5! (ASOP Gingerbread)

Loaded up without issue. Video was working a bit choppy, installed the update and it seems fine now. Aside from that this is absolutly the best rom I have run on my droid. I was a GB naysayer but this one changed my mind. It is smooth as silk, a pure joy to use. It is really settling me down while I wait for the elusive TB.

I dare say if I had this rom running this nice on a DX I would never think of a TB.

Upvote 0
Every single Gingerbread Rom i have used has had the same issues for me. When i use Facebook or Google Maps they Force Close or just kick me out of the app. Im getting very tired of it specially when i need to get someplace quick and the maps dont work. Just me?

Although I keep saying I am going to try this ROM and I keep sticking with CM7, I can tell you this much: FB, Maps Twitter, it's all working for me.

How much free RAM you got (Settings --> Applications --> Running Services)?

Upvote 0
Every single Gingerbread Rom i have used has had the same issues for me. When i use Facebook or Google Maps they Force Close or just kick me out of the app. Im getting very tired of it specially when i need to get someplace quick and the maps dont work. Just me?

Actually, same for me, too. I guess I just forget to mention it on here. But it is very annoying, and it's been just about every GB ROM I've tried as well. Also, my browser has been kicking me off as well.

Upvote 0
I've not had any issues w/ Maps or Nav on this ROM. Working fine.

But this morning I did have an issue w/ the browser when trying to load up a flash site to listen to streaming audio. Kept kicking me out before it would finish loading.

That's a GB aggressive memory management issue. You could try locking the browser in memory in Elite Settings before you use it, then unlocking it again when you're done.

Upvote 0
This damned Overscroll Glow is annoying. I disabled it but it only disables on the phone's menus. If I'm in the browser, I still get it.

Also, when scolling down my apps, it bounces if I go too fast. Like if I open it and want to scroll down to Youtube, I have to do it slowly, can't just flick it and let it scroll quickly to the bottom.

Other than that, damn fine ROM.

Upvote 0
This damned Overscroll Glow is annoying. I disabled it but it only disables on the phone's menus. If I'm in the browser, I still get it.

Also, when scolling down my apps, it bounces if I go too fast. Like if I open it and want to scroll down to Youtube, I have to do it slowly, can't just flick it and let it scroll quickly to the bottom.

Other than that, damn fine ROM.

The bounce back only happens if you disable the glow -- so it's a question of which annoys you less, I think! ;)

Reactions: Frank Grimes
Upvote 0
GirLuvsDroid or anyone else, is there a possibility DSP manager will eventually work with this ROM in the future?
It really helps my bluetooth headphones.

I just tried winner00's CM7 build (which has DSP manager), but my battery life wasn't so great and, more importantly, I just like this ROM a lot better so I restored it.

No guarantees, but the devs are looking into this.

Upvote 0
One thing I have noticed in PE is when downloading an app from the market the runner says "starting download" and stays there until the app starts to install and it changes to "installing", so it never shows the progress of the download. This was happening in LGB for me too, but not on CM7. It's just a minor bug, was wondering if anyone else was getting it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones