• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Proposal/Theory for External SD storage solution on F6

The funny thing is, just about everything they posted on that site about this phone I can trump. As far as this speaker quality and volume on speaker mode I can hear my mine over five people using power tools on a job site. I can hear my phone ring from the other end of my house. I can listen to something playing on YouTube from the other room. As far as storage goes, I got that beat.

I have absolutely no complaints about this phone now that I solved my storage issue. I can average about 4MBps download over Wi-Fi. The keyboard gives me no issues, the talk to text works just fine, even over a group of power tools going it's still very accurate. I can stand in front of my TV and use it and it will type what I say and not what my TV is saying. As far as the bloatware goes the phone comes with an app that lets you uninstall most of it anyway. Everything else, you can uninstall the updates, disable the app, clear the data and cache.

I understand a lot of these views come from a "general users" standpoint but coming from someone who can customize the phone, root it n mod it. Its quite suitable from my standpoint.

I have a very nice library of games. Some of which take up 3Gb's and are more of a strain on the hardware then Asphalt 8, which I have and have had no problems playing. Most games that offer it I have set on Max graphics. As far as the 30fps goes, some PS3 and X-Box 360 games play at 30fps. I mean as I see it, if you want to be a mobile gamer then go get a PSP, PSVita or NVIDIA Tegra handheld mobile game system.

Upvote 0
The funny thing is, just about everything they posted on that site about this phone I can trump. As far as this speaker quality and volume on speaker mode I can hear my mine over five people using power tools on a job site. I can hear my phone ring from the other end of my house. I can listen to something playing on YouTube from the other room. As far as storage goes, I got that beat.

I have absolutely no complaints about this phone now that I solved my storage issue. I can average about 4MBps download over Wi-Fi. The keyboard gives me no issues, the talk to text works just fine, even over a group of power tools going it's still very accurate. I can stand in front of my TV and use it and it will type what I say and not what my TV is saying. As far as the bloatware goes the phone comes with an app that lets you uninstall most of it anyway. Everything else, you can uninstall the updates, disable the app, clear the data and cache.

I understand a lot of these views come from a "general users" standpoint but coming from someone who can customize the phone, root it n mod it. Its quite suitable from my standpoint.

I have a very nice library of games. Some of which take up 3Gb's and are more of a strain on the hardware then Asphalt 8, which I have and have had no problems playing. Most games that offer it I have set on Max graphics. As far as the 30fps goes, some PS3 and X-Box 360 games play at 30fps. I mean as I see it, if you want to be a mobile gamer then go get a PSP, PSVita or NVIDIA Tegra handheld mobile game system.

What is the app that comes with the phone that allows you to uninstall most of the bloatware?

Upvote 0
Thanks. I thought the reference was to an app that was hidden or not obvious. That said, I guess I need to be more aggressive with Application Manager in trying to reduce the bloatware. There's certainly stuff that came with the phone that I never use and would be happy to be rid of.

It doesn't really uninstall to the fullest, you have to manually delete the apk files in system/apps/bootup

Reactions: Steveww48
Upvote 0
Hey guys I just got a pm from someone in this thread. I have no idea where jvene is but I did manage to reproduce his results, and it needs to be packaged up. I'll try to get a rough addition to f6utilities. Chances are it will cause you to factory reset though. And I'll have to rework recovery to backup the new data. It's hard to package because everyone has different sdcard sizes. So just a quick question, what size cards do y'all use?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones