• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Protected/Encrypted PDF Viewer

Right, I have to say I am a little tired of looking for solutions to this. Which is what brings me here.

I've been doing some online courses which provide me textbooks as PDF e-books. However, the files are password protected. Everything is ok on my Windows computers.

I can transfer the file and open it up on my Motorola Xoom just fine. The first page of the PDF document (which is normal behavior on W7 as well) asks for me to enter my student id and password, followed by clicking the unlock button.

In most cases I can enter the information, but the button is just not functional.

I've tried a few of the free apps as well as paid apps:

These include:

ezPDFReader
RepliGo Reader
BeamReader
Adobe Reader
ThinkFreeOffice
Fill&SignPDF docs or something like that.

I just want to be able to lie in bed and read off my tablet, but it's proving to be a real PITA thus far.

Any help is much appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones