• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Proximity sensor during call

samdale36

May 4, 2010
Somehow I keep managing to hang up on calls/call other people during calls. The proximity sensor does work but i think I must inadvertently move the sensor away from the screen, activating the screen.

Is there an app that requires the screen to be unlocked during a call when the screen re-activates?

Cheera for your help

Just found that I had started emailing one of my contacts during a call. So it must just be the screen re-activating when I am on the phone and 'tapping' away at the screen.

How do you re-calibrate the sensor? I can find the option to do this with the 'G-sensor'.

Any ideas on a way to keep the screen locked during a call unless I say otherwise? Ideally I would like it so, when I move the phone away from my ear the lock screen appears so I have to unlock it before I can do anything.

Thanks for your help

Upvote 0
I thought the screen turning off during a call and back on when you've finished was achieved by the G-Sensor. The screen goes off for me when I'm using the loudspeaker and the phone is away from my face, either in my hand or on a flat surface, so I can't see how a proximity feature would work under these circumstances.

Upvote 0
I thought the screen turning off during a call and back on when you've finished was achieved by the G-Sensor. The screen goes off for me when I'm using the loudspeaker and the phone is away from my face, either in my hand or on a flat surface, so I can't see how a proximity feature would work under these circumstances.
Now that would be funny (G-sensor). But it makes no sense that the screen stays off when not in proximity. Do you have a Desire??

Upvote 0

Do you have a case covering the proximity sensor?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones