• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Public shame, er, storage

Rgarner

Android Expert
May 9, 2017
Yesterday my friend went to pay the bill there. He went to two separate locations and each of them was closed during regular business hours. Today he went back to both of them and another two, all of which were, again, closed. Three of them lied "we're open" while the fourth had plywood instead of a door. In desperation, he called their number and after hanging up and reconnecting, he was finally able to find a place that actually was open. He had less than two hours to get there, and it was far out of his way. When he got there, the door was locked and there was a note saying to call another number. He did and contacted the manager (?) on her own cellphone. By then she was back and had the door unlocked. At last he was able to pay his bill, but he missed two days at work and was additionally hamstrung by having to take public transportation AND walk probably five miles. It turns out he wasn't the only victim. Many others had to go there to take care of their bills instead of where they would normally pay. What's going on here? Public storage should know better than to let their reputation take such a huge hit. Has anyone else on here has a bad experience with them? Let's tell them to get with it or risk losing customers. We can also warn people about them.

I have rented a large storage unit for many years. I used it for my business and it's still full of tools that should be sold off. It was a necessity when I was in business and the rent was a company expense which was deductible. Now that I'm retired it's just an expense. Continuing to rent is far more attractive then having all of that stuff at home. As far as the renting goes, there has never been any problem with the storage complex owner. I mail my check monthly and we are both happy.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Seems to me that if the owners make it THAT difficult to pay the bill, to the point of impossible, the renters should agree to a rent strike and hold payments due until ownership provides a consistent & convenient way to pay. Local government should be made aware of the business' tactic of causing renters to be late, so it can impose additional penalties.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones