• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pure Android for huawei y300

cureness

Lurker
Oct 6, 2014
Hello,

My girlfriend is about to receive a Huawei Ascend Y300, recently unlocked, from a friend.

Personally I find the Android with the Huawei interface is not the best one, and I just thought that I could change it for the stock, plain and pure OS android version.

Do you know if it is possible? Would this be a good idea or too risky (would the system work better or worse)?

Do you know how to do it?P which version should I install?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
cureness

In your case the unlocking and having other OS will have some following risks: It was on huawei website:

"" Thank you for your support for Huawei Device’s products. Huawei Device has granted bootloader unlocking permission for its latest mobile phones’ and tablets’ official firmware. Unlocking the bootloader enables you to burn third-party firmware to your device.

However, unlocking the bootloader carries the following risks:
1.Huawei has optimized its products’ hardware and software, but after you unlock the bootloader, Huawei cannot guarantee the best product performance or the normal operation of all functions.
2.Most third-party firmware has not been adequately tested and has poor compatibility with Huawei devices, which will affect your device’s stability or even cause damage to your device’s hardware. For example, the power consumption may become so excessive that your device’s standby time and battery life are reduced, or the RF performance of your device may degrade, which will lead to network search failure or poor call quality. Even worse, your device may fail to start and cannot be repaired. In other words, your device may no longer be usable.
3.The third-party firmware may be vulnerable to malicious software attacks, as a result of which your device’s security cannot be assured. For example, Your personal data such as contacts, messages, and locations may be disclosed. Malicious software may control your device to send messages to subscribe to paid services or make calls in the background, incurring charges secretly. Malicious software may even monitor your device.
4.Some functions will no longer work after you unlock the bootloader. For example, the Digital Right Management (DRM) security password and digital contents you have purchased cannot be used any more. Software upgrade using Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) or a microSD card may fail or your device may not function properly after the upgrade.
Unlocking the bootloader will cause unexpected negative impacts on your device, including but are not limited to those listed above. You are at your own risk if the device malfunctions and cannot be recovered. For software and hardware failures, Huawei repair centers can provide and charge for maintenance services.

[ Warnings and precautions ]
1. As determined by your service provider, custom devices may not support bootloader unlocking. If so, contact your service provider to unlock your device’s bootloader.
2.Unlocking the bootloader restores your device to its factory settings and all of your personal data will be erased. Back up your data before unlocking the bootloader.

Before you unlock the bootloader, ensure that you are fully aware of all the phone specs, risks and that you master the required skills.""

You can try another one , if you know what you are really doing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones