• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Put Videos on Droid

couple quick questions if someone would please inform me i'd appreciate it.
1.) just wondering, i haven't tried any videos after the 2.1 update on the droid... did anything change in terms of video playback and quality (i.e. FPS, etc) because i heard of all these things about how 2.1 slowed the phone down... im just wondering

2.) can i still use the above guide that i quoted (and does it work for any length of video)? and do i have to make any adjustments to the program I was using (imTOO video converter) for videos after this 2.1 update?

basically, did anything change in terms of slowdown/etc with videos on 2.1? or can i just keep doing what i have been doing (when i was on 2.01) w/o making any alterations from the update..

I appreciate any feedback! Thank You!!
~jen

hi,kraze0g

Everything is still working great from my experience. I have not had to change a thing.

good luck

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The pointers are appreciated, thanks. For to the point: Who in the heck develops a product that does not support current technology and makes YOU change the way you do things to use it?

If you have a library of AVI's; you select and build a droid compatible video. Now you have two videos, twice the room. Makes no sense that one has to change the way we do things, because new technology is actually "old."

As somone wrote elsewhere: for example if you had a palm PDA:
1 AVI file plays with any player on your PC; also plays on the PDA

With droid:
AVI plays on your PC, but not on the droid
Make a copy that a plays on your droid, but doesn't play on your PC (because of the format / size change.)

That is disappointing!

You will need to install one! You can find many on the market search file manager. You do know how to use the market?

Upvote 0
I recently downloaded a movie to get a taste of what movies look like on my droid. I downloaded "Cars" from the Crackberry forum that has all the mp4 movies available.

Anyway, after I downloaded the movie, I copied it to my Droid and also to my daughter's PSP and noticed that it worked beautifully on both devices without any conversion.

I later purchased Xilisoft's DVD Ripper Ultimate to transfer our own DVDs to our devices, but I can't seem to figure out the settings to make the output files work on both the PSP & the Droid (without creating 2 different files - takes up twice as much space on my PC). If I use the software's Droid profile settings, the files won't work on the PSP... and vice versa.

I used Xilisoft's software to analyze the settings of the Cars movie I downloaded, but even when duplicating those settings, I can't get the files to work on both devices. Here are the properties I'm getting for the Cars movie...

File Format: MP4
Bit Rate: 554K

Video Codec: h264
Video Bitrate: 488K
Video Size: 480x208
Aspect Ratio: 2.31:1
Frame Rate: 59.94fps

Audio Codec: mpeg4aac
Audio Bitrate: 62K
Track: 2
Sample Rate: 48000

Maybe there are more advanced settings that I'm not able to get to, but I'm obviously doing something wrong. If someone could please play around with this, I would be greatly appreciative. I have linked to the Cars download and the Crackberry forum below if anyone would care to take a look...

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

My first movies post... - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Thanks in advance... Dave

Upvote 0
HI Hello Everyone ,

This is Nicole Anderson .I used Xilisoft's software to analyze the settings of the Cars movie I downloaded, but even when duplicating those settings, I can't get the files to work on both devices. Here are the properties I'm getting for the Cars movie...It was just amazing one .....

Discover the hidden source of targeted traffic that unearths eager buying customers, drives them straight to your site, and literally explodes your profits almost overnight at just simple click unique article wizard.

Upvote 0
is there a way to batch or convert multiple clips

i have all seasons of robot chicken, but i really dont wanna sit and do them one at a time.

thanks

i think u can get all ur stuff set up, then u see "ADD TO QUE" at top, to the left of "START"?.

Mess with that and figure it out I guess. Currently converting Date night. Will post results using blazingwolf's settings.

Also: I need to rename the .m4v file to a .mp4 after it is done encoding.. Yes?

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,after a good amount of reading your topic here I decided to give it a try. I used DVDMobile and selected IPHONE, like you guys suggested. I didnt change any settings on the DVDMobile.
I also used your advice( Meridian) after creating a folder inside DCIM called movies. Video came out 450 MB. Worked perfect first try, Figured id pass along my info and thanks for the useful forum. Shawn

Upvote 0
Ok I used DVD Fab 2 to convert DVD's and video to the correct format. Mpeg4 iPod, mpeg4 for PSP, and 3gpp2 says can not play video. Mpeg4 Generic plays but only sound no video. I downloaded a free file manager from the market and it works good and i can access everything from my SD card. Can anyone tell me what im doin wrong or what else i can do to get videos to play. I have the droid moto the first one.

Upvote 0
Ok I used DVD Fab 2 to convert DVD's and video to the correct format. Mpeg4 iPod, mpeg4 for PSP, and 3gpp2 says can not play video. Mpeg4 Generic plays but only sound no video. I downloaded a free file manager from the market and it works good and i can access everything from my SD card. Can anyone tell me what im doin wrong or what else i can do to get videos to play. I have the droid moto the first one.

You'll want the 3gp format instead of the 3gpp2.

Upvote 0
how to convert for droid using handbrake

1.)Select your source file.
1-1.jpg

2.)Select your destination file ex. C:\movies\300

2.jpg

3.)Select Ipod & Ipod touch
3.jpg

4.) Select MP4 as the format:
6.jpg

5.)
A.)If the source size is bigger than 848 x 480, set the width to 848.
B.)Otherwise set the width to the same as the original:
4.jpg

6.)Start it!
5.jpg

When I put in my video in the source area, it said there's an "overflow"

Upvote 0
My test avi was 1,507kb, I used File Factory's Android setting (the smaller resolution one), and the movie size came out to almost 4 times larger than the original :thinking:

So I DL'd and configged HandBrake as in your post, and the file size was almost half as small as the original, yay!

I emailed it to myself, and it played on my unmodded Samsung Dart - without a 3rd-party player, including sound.

So big thanks to OP!

Upvote 0
I need a brain... can't use hand break to go from my purchased DVD to mp4... says copy write issues?

1. I use DVD Fab and back up my DVD's to my Storage Drive.
2. Use Handbrake to convert to mp4 and copy to my Droid.

So I can watch on the go.[/QUOTE]

I use DVDFab to do it all. But, I have used Handbrake also and both provide great quality.

Yes, I said I use DVDFab to xfer the videos yo my droid also.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones