• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Q&A: Zagg invisibleSHIELD for Epic 4G

Buy it at Best Buy and pay $9.99 for the protection plan and forget about a deductible! They will replace it with a brand new phone if it cannot be repaired not a refurbished one and you can replace it 1,000 times a year if you wanted, instead of 2 like at sprint. Service Plan over Insurance any day!!! Best Buy Mobile Employee :)

Upvote 0
And by the way the Zagg Invisishields we sell at Best Buy offer the best protection for your screen but as others have said it is not the most appealing screen protector. And I would highly recommend having one of the sales man install if for you, we install these all day every day and it will save you from ruining your own and having to re purchase another one!

Upvote 0
I had Best Buy install my inivisishield when I bought my Epic. She did a pretty good job except for one tiny bubble in the upper right corner. Supposedly Best Buy will reinstall if you're not 100% happy.

But my problem is, the shield is clear generally, but if you look at it carefully, it looks like orange peel - you know the way a car's paint looks - not really smooth. Has anyone else noticed that the invisishield isn't crystal clear?

Upvote 0
I had Best Buy install my inivisishield when I bought my Epic. She did a pretty good job except for one tiny bubble in the upper right corner. Supposedly Best Buy will reinstall if you're not 100% happy.

But my problem is, the shield is clear generally, but if you look at it carefully, it looks like orange peel - you know the way a car's paint looks - not really smooth. Has anyone else noticed that the invisishield isn't crystal clear?

My Zagg's always had that effect. If you look very close you can see it. For the protection it offers I always considered it a fair trade-off.

Upvote 0
I dunno, this sounds sketchy, you spray an adhesive and put this wet film on your brand new expensive gadget. How about removing this thing, how does that work?

Best buy installs it for 7 dollars anything is wrong with it return it and they will fix it or replace for free. Its worth it unless u want to get frustrated then by all means go ahead and do it yourself:D For some people its easy and some its not. Best buy employees do this all day so in minutes u walk out with it:D

Upvote 0
i had the zagg on my iphone for awhile but got fed up with reapplying it every month or two due to the corners peelings. the corners of my phones got a lot of indents because the zagg didnt protect it much from impact; its more of a scratch protection than anything. i had the full body shield but took off the screen's shield because i hated the orange peel and the stickiness from the shield bothered me when i swiped, especially when you play games.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones